Consular process is option to request the Green Card abroad

Consular processing is the method immigrants use to apply for a Green Card when they are outside the United States. Most immigrants become eligible through a petition filed on their behalf, in the name of a family member, or via an employer.

USCIS reviews and adjudicates the petition and notifies the petitioner of a decision. If the petition is approved and you live outside the United States, USCIS will forward the approved case to the Department of State’s National Visa Center.

The State Department refers the case to the responsible consular office in each country with diplomatic relations with the United States. The consular office will schedule an interview and process the case.

With an immigrant visa in your passport you will be eligible to enter the United States as a legal immigrant. The consular officer shall provide all information.

When you arrive in the United States, you must show the documents and the immigrant visa to the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) employee at the port of entry. The CBP officer will inspect the documents so that the immigrant is admitted as a legal permanent resident. If the CBP officer admits you, you can live and work in the United States permanently and receive your Green Card by mail.

Internationalizing career and business in a prosperous country like the United States is possible for many experienced professionals. The U.S. is always open to new projects and professionals that contribute to the country’s growth.

Scripta Consulting is a highly respected consultancy in the United States. Located in South Florida, we provide comprehensive and individualized assistance to our customers. For more information, contact us.